View Single Post
Old January 25th, 2021, 05:30 PM
Malware Removal Team

O/S: Windows 10 Pro
Hi Hans,
Thanks for being patient.

Quote:
shortly thereafter got another dialog box from Microsoft Security Client advising that an error has occured in the program during initialization and if the problem continues to contact system admin 0x800b0100
This is an update error. I think normal. Because Microsoft is not updating the win7 software anymore.
----------------------------------------
Quote:
didn't run FRST script yet either.. wanted to give you this update..
Do not run the fixlist anymore.
---------------------------------------
Quote:
About 6 years ago got hit with ransomware linked to this address:
http://paytordmbdekmizq.tanktor.com/1c5ovQe
recently found out that files can now be decrypted.. could we take a look at that?
Which Ranomeware. Alert file do you have in your hand (read me file)?
------------------------------------------
Quote:
Finally found the Dell windows 7 installation disk for this pc after tearing house apart.
Not sure if latest info from previous post is helpful but seems like there will be significant difficulty with the pc's blue screen issues.. Perhaps we can shift focus considering the newly found OS installation disk
It can happen. You can install it if you want, but not having a microsoft update is a big problem. I think you should install win 10.
--------------------------------------------
Quote:
Since found original OS install disk and primary reason for fixing pc was to get current installation to a state to be able to upgrade to windows 10 and install SSD.. couldn't I just install the SSD into the pc and do a fresh install of windows 7 on it and then do the free upgrade to windows 10?.. I understand that this upgrade is still available..
Would a fresh install on a new drive fix these issues?
I don't think you can upgrade from win7 to win 10. But you can install win10 directly. Microsoft can recognize you from your IP number. There may be no license issue.
================================================== ===

Can we do the last few actions?

How do I reset Windows Update components?

Reset Windows Update Client settings script will completely reset the Windows Update client settings. It has been tested on Windows 7, 8, 10, and Windows Server 2012 R2. It will configure the services and registry keys related to Windows Update for default settings. It will also clean up files related to Windows Update, in addition to BITS related data.
Reset Windows Update Agent script allows you to reset the Windows Update Agent, resolving issues with Windows Update.

Download both files and run them. You should right click on the software and say run as administrator.

After the process is finished, restart the system and try the SPI installation again. You should right click on the software and say run as administrator.
-----------------------------
How's his system behaving now? I hope everything is better.

Have a nice day.