View Single Post
Old April 25th, 2020, 11:53 PM

Keyboard not working properly

I recently purchased a new processor and video card for my PC. I set up the bios to boot from the CD ROM first. I re-installed windows in the normal fashion. First thing I noticed was the PC would not automatically restart when prompted. So I thought there was a problem with the windows installation. So I proceeded to re-install windows. However this time when I got the prompt to boot from CD/DVD the keyboard would not respond and it went directly to a page to choose either "Startup Repair" or "Start Normally". I could not use the arrow keys to toggle my selection nor would the "enter" key work to select anything. When I am in the BIOS everything works ok and I can use the keyboard normally. I am typing this right now in Linux, so I know the keyboard works. I tried even different ports for the USB receivers to no avail. My motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3. Before I installed the processor and video card I cleared the CMOS with a jumper. I fear I may have screwed up my BIOS settings. Can anyone help me out. Also I noticed the PC would not automatically restart after I installed the video driver and clicked "Restart"
Thanx so much
Jim