View Single Post
Old August 29th, 2015, 03:08 PM

Well, let's hope they come out with something soon but I do think you should look into the USB 3.0 vs USB 2.0 issue I raised and perhaps uninstalling PowerChute, rebooting, then reinstalling just to see if that helps. The different USB ports are commonly associated with problems with attached devices (in spite of the fact USB versions are supposed to be forwards and backwards compatible). So changing from USB 3.0 to USB 2.0 often fixes problems with USB 2.0 devices - which the UPS is. And uninstalling and reinstalling hardware related software often fixes hardware related problems too.

The good news is, you don't need the communications cable to benefit from the connected UPS. You just will not get an automatic "graceful" shutdown of Windows and your computer if running during an extended power outage.

Again, if it did not work perfectly for me (on two different W10 computers with two different APC UPS, btw), then I would just say to wait for APC to come out with a new version. But since it works for me, I think it worth a try.