View Single Post
Old October 7th, 2009, 03:48 PM

Thanks to both of you for your quick replies. Yeah, I am very lucky to be getting a free copy of Windows 7, especially the Ultimate version. I had pre-ordered a standard Home edition, but I think I'm going to cancel that now.

When I realized the laptop didn't come with a recovery CD, I had to go hunt around and figure out how I would be able to go back to factory settings. And it was really just a one click deal. I wasn't sure if that was what that partition was on the hard drive. But now I do, so thanks for that. I'll just leave that partition alone.

Oh and sladden, I have an honest to goodness version of Ultimate free and clear.

One other little thing. Before I start this I'm going to make a clone image of my computer and store it on an external hard drive in case anything goes wrong. It is suggested after I have finished installing the new Windows and have everything done before installing my programs that I should do another image of the computer and store it somewhere. Can I just get rid of the first cloned image I did in the beginning?