View Single Post
Old July 15th, 2002, 07:00 PM

O/S: Windows XP Home
Dodge, I think there is more going on with her PC than I can figure out. I don't know if it is all related to the dll or not. I tried to pull up the add/remove program from control panel to see if there were any programs that could be deleted but it will not come up. I also tried to download Weatherbug for her as we have had flooding here and need to keep an eye on the weather. It will not download. You need the minibug to have it work. I looked and the minibug is on her PC but still can not download the program. About all the running processes, I am not sure about unchecking them because the site suggest to do some on manual run and some on automatic run and the others can be disabled. Since I can't bring up the "services.msc" I have to use msconfig and I don't get an option to manual or automatic run. Therefore I am not sure if I should disable them. Should we try to fix the other problem first and them maybe the services.msc will come up. What about just starting over with a fresh install? Don't really want to do that but this is driving me crazy, mostly because I don't know anything about XP, but with the help here I am learning.
Misty