View Single Post
Old October 1st, 2009, 05:50 PM

Lightbulb Upgraded to Windows Service Pack 3 Now Windows won't load past Windows Loading Screen

Okay, so here's the deal. I had Windows Service Pack 2. Everything was just lovely, then I decided to FINALLY upgrade to Service Pack 3 because some high end Adobe products I was installing suggested it for better compatibility. Aiesh, so I took the plunge and tried to upgrade to Windows Service Pack 3. I was smart because of all the horror stories though and did a full backup up all my data including system state, etc. I set a system restore point, the whole nine yards. I upgraded with no problems but when the computer restarted it do so, got past POST, and the windows boot or load screen popped up with the loading bar. . . but windows never loaded! A lot of people report having problems where it get's past the windows load screen and just keeps cycle rebooting. Or it'll load to the user selection screen/welcome screen. This is not me, I am simply stuck at the windows load screen. (Picture below for reference)

So, I booted into safe mode with networking, searched for help EVERYWHERE and couldn't find any. -=/ By the way, I could boot into safe mode, safe mode with command prompt, and safe mode with networking. So I used my system restore point that had made before the SP3 upgrade and now I am typing to you from the comfort of my Service Pack 2. But this ticks me off because I want SP3 on my system for the sake of those Adobe programs and just because I can't get the dern thing on there it bugs me. Does anyone have a suggestion for me as to WHAT is stopping me from have a healthy running version of Windows Service Pack 3?

I ran the Service Pack 3 install/upgrade as an Administrator, in safe mode, with ANY program/thing that could possibly affect it not running. I thought I had all my bases covered but apparently not. Any help/suggestions? It'd be nice for all the other people out there who are having this same problem to get an answer as well.
P.S. I am running Windows XP Media Center Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 2 (hopefully SP3 soon).

Last edited by sirdanceal0t; October 1st, 2009 at 06:00 PM.