View Single Post
Old February 7th, 2009, 07:24 AM

Smile

I saw that fast browser in my add/remove about a week ago and thought I had removed it. I guess it was hidden or something. I have this diskeeper lite that was installed (along with Avira) when I took my computer in to have power cord repaired. It tells me almost every other day that my fragment level has accumulated over 10000 in 1 day or something similair to that. What does that mean? What can I do to keep the fragments down?
I know my hubby is right about a few sites I visit but I know lots of people who go to the same sites and seem to have no problems. I don't know if it is b/c my computer is old,my pages have too much on them and thus run slower or what. He says more RAM would do my computer a world of good and I really hope that is all that is needed. Some pages take 10 minutes...seriously,10 minutes to fully load and start. The sites I visit that are slow are MySpace,Pogo & limewire. But mainly MySpace. Sometimes checking my mail there,etc. is just not worth it. I do have a music player on my page that plays videos along with music so it may be bandwidth or just my computer..? Thank you for helping and giving such clear step by step instructions. Oh and I dont have a messenger or use any but see in the log messenger and extra button and things I just dont recognize. I wanted to get rid of things in add/delete that I wasnt familiar with but am afraid that they may be needed to keep the computer running. Any and all suggestions are welcomed and appreciated.