View Single Post
Old July 23rd, 2008, 11:20 PM

Smile Foxit

Thank you Mickzer for your reply and infomation. I did that last night and I am not sure what happened but I almost was not able to get back on the PC. Somehow it locked everything up and required several manual restarts before I could limp back to the Control Panel. One I was able to get there, I uninstalled. It looks like an ideal program and just what I need but I was scared away. Bad install? Who knows, but I do see that it is used by quite a number of people and so I attribute my problems to something I did wrong. I had just uninstalled Adobe 9 and that was a REAL pain in the butt since they do not supply an 'uninstall' button. I did it from the add/remove and it left behind 85.5 MB of stuff that did not show up except in HJT and Windows Install Cleanup menus. I eventually had to manually delete the 165 files and 60 folders from the explore>programs>adobe tree. So, I was a little skittish about getting back into something that I probably downloaded wrong. I wil try it again and see if it works. Hope so.
Thank you again,
Tony