View Single Post
Old October 24th, 2009, 06:00 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
I will try one more time,

1. you can delete the original os. In fact if you used it to justified purchasing vista upgrade, it should have been deleted and cannot be used to justify another os. As long as you have the recovery partition, you have something you can fall back on.

2. If your windows 7 is an upgrade version, if you used the original os to justify the vista, the vista ultimate is the only way you can justify purchasing the win 7 upgrade. Then you must remove vista ultimate.

3. you said you may have win 7 in the same partition as your win7 rc. You can delete all win7 rc folders to get your space back, IMO, as I said before, it would be better to just start from scratch with the win 7.

4. You said you want to extend the win7 partition into the new volume. All you have to do is to right click win7 partition in disk management and extend the partition. If you should get an access error, just delete the new volume partition and it will be come unallocated. You should be able to extend the win 7 partition that way.

5. You said something about deleting j partition, again just go into disk management, right click the drive and click on delete volumn. it will be come unallocated.

6. I am going to find me an aspirin and wait for your next post.

Last edited by renegade600; October 24th, 2009 at 06:18 PM.