View Single Post
Old October 18th, 2009, 05:51 AM

Low Speaker Volume

Hello, I hope you are doing well.

I am not sure where to post this, as it is probably not completely a hardware issue or an operating system issue. I cannot seem to pin down what the problem is, and am hoping others can help. I have contacted Dell's official technical support, but they were of no help whatsoever, unfortunately.

My girlfriend has a Dell Vostro 1520 laptop; it came running Windows Vista Business, but she has upgraded to Windows 7 Professional, yet the problem persists. Basically, most sound is very, very low. This includes videos that are playing (e.g. sites such as Hulu and YouTube, on Windows Media Player, on VLC Media Player), music that is playing (e.g. music-streaming sites, on iTunes, on Winamp), and every single form of media that has audio. For Web sites, I have tested this problem on Firefox, Opera, Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Safari, and the problem exists in all browsers.

The only time she notices that sounds are loud is when she plays Valve's Counter-Strike: Source, a computer game. Because of this, she doesn't think it's a speaker issue.

I personally have a Dell Vostro 1500 without any problems, and the same sites that we go to is much, much lower in volume when it's coming from her computer. Of course, I have checked her basic sound settings to make sure that the volume is set at the highest level. Any thoughts regarding this problem?

Thank you very much!
Victor

Last edited by MaStAViC; October 18th, 2009 at 05:58 AM.