View Single Post
Old October 7th, 2009, 04:12 AM

? about a clean install of Windows 7

Hi there,

I was lucky enough to be picked as a host for the Windows 7 Launch Party at Houseparty.com. As a host we're given a free copy of Windows 7 Ultimate. I'm suppose to receive mine tomorrow. I bought a new laptop a few months ago and plan on using that to put it on. I've only ever done upgrades, never done a clean install. I've been reading all I can about it but have a couple of questions I hope someone can answer. I've bookmarked 3 sites that give pretty detailed instructions with pics except the last site. Which is the one I'm going with...mostly.

First question is;

Is it best to start the whole process booting from the Windows 7 DVD or starting Windows and then putting the DVD in and go from there?

Second question is;

When I get to the stage that I'm suppose to delete the partitions that have my operating system on, I'm a bit confused about what mine shows. On my C drive (which I'm assuming that is the one with operating system) that is what I'm suppose to delete, right? Then there is the D drive which says Recovery (Healthy(Primary Partition)) Am I suppose to delete that also?

I haven't been here in quite awhile. But whenever I have any computer problems this is the place I come to for help. So if anyone can help I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.