View Single Post
Old October 21st, 2004, 09:54 AM

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellyd
I wanted to access my home computer from work so I set up remote desktop (both computers are xp). But my home computer which is networked to another computer in the house with a switch so we could share DSL. Which ofcourse causes a connection problem when I try to connect to my remotedesktop from work. Someone told me I have to force port assignment, but I have no idea how to even go about that. So as everyone says help!
Hi there.

I ran across a post on how to do this when I was searching the site for my issues w/ RD. If you click on the search button on this site & then type in remote desktop as your search....look for the thread titled "help would be greatly appreciated by mikebandm." It tells how to set up a router w/ RD. I don't beleive a switch would work for what your attempting. I think that you would have to have a router. If you have any questions you might want to direct them to the authors that gave the suggestions on that thread. Hope that it helps you. I am still in search for my answers.....

thorntons