View Single Post
Old October 17th, 2020, 04:18 AM

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Why is Firefox saying "web page slowing down browser"?

Hi,

This problem just started about a week or 2 ago. If I open a webpage using the latest Firefox browser its seems eventually no matter what site I go to I get a yellow banner at the top of the browser page that says "A web page is slowing down your browser. What would you like to do"? Then on the far right, there are 2 buttons: Stop It & Wait. No matter what option I pick I get the same yellow warning again. When the warning comes on I notice the pictures, links & other options on the page being shown are frozen. For instance, if I'm on ESPN & get the warning & can not click on anything to go to a new page. after a minute or 2, it allows you to click & move on. I'm generally on the same pages every day. ESPN, Realclaerpolitics, ESPN fantasy football. I'm not steaming anything & not on youtube. I have noticed that when I'm on Chrome & watching a video but not directly from youtube the video will play but I get a notice saying something is wrong with the page. If you hit any button on the video player the video crashes. I did a quick search for an answer. I was told to clear all my browser data, cookies, temp files history etc. I did that twice but it didn't help. So I'm wondering if this has something to do with new Win 10 updates I've been asked to do recently? Any ideas wuld be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!