View Single Post
Old May 30th, 2015, 04:06 PM

Hi liza! Murf asked if I had any more ideas to suggest, but as is typically the case with Windows, I would have run out long before he did.

Quote:
After six months i got my laptop back from my cousin. After i got it back i started it. I got a black screen
Well, we obviously see why he gave it back to you!

In looking through this thread and your malware removal thread, I don't see where running chkdsk /f ever came up with no errors. In fact, it seems it found errors that were not fixed. Is that still the case? If not sure, I recommend running it again (following the prompts to let it run at next boot) only this time, use chkdsk /r. It does the same as /f, but with a little more thorough checking. You can also enter chkdsk /? to list and see what each of the options do.

I worry about all the system tweaking/optimizing tools found on your system, including IOBIT, Ashampoo Winoptimizer, Slim Cleaner, Wise Care 365. I personally don't recommend any of them as they have a history of being too aggressive, sometimes corrupting or deleting important system files.

From an elevated command prompt (run as administrator) you can check and hopefully repair and corrupt system files by running sfc /scannow. Note the space before the slash.

I see also that Symantec, Rising AV, and Kingsoft AV are, or have been installed, as well as MBAM. If multiple security and optimizing tools are running, that can sure bog down your system. I recommend uninstalling all but MBAM and using it with Microsoft Security Essentials.

Did you install Sandboxie? Do you need it?

You seem to have about 13Gb of free disk space on your boot drive which should be plenty to allow System Restore to create several restore points. But I wonder if disk fragmentation is an issue. You might defrag the disk. This is best done in Safe Mode for the most effective defrag.

My fear is if chkdsk cannot fix problems found and if sfc cannot find or fix problems it finds, that your OS is toast and you will need to reinstall Windows and that would be a problem without the disks.