View Single Post
Old March 11th, 2015, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegade600 View Post
try going to start - all programs then find the gateway recovery center folder and click on the gateway recovery center. if the welcome to gateway recovery center appears, then click on applications and drivers external media. Click on next and it should take you to where you can create system recovery disks.
There is no choice there to burn a Recovery Disk of the locked uncorrupt D: Recovery drive. I can only do a massive backup of the corrupt C: Drive and all the files on it - I would be in the exact same place I am now with the same problems. I need access to the locked D: drive to burn a disk or load a Flashdrive of the uncorrupt OS but am not given that choice.

Quote:
If you cannot do the above, then you will not be able to create disks and if you want to restore, you will have to do the alt f10 method and do a factory restore from there. If you are able to, then you might be able to follow the above instructions and create disks after the os has been reinstalled. That is really the only options you have for that old system.
I could probably restore the OS using that method. Would that be safe to do without a boot disk or Recovery disk if something goes wrong? I already backed up all my personal files. I know this is an old PC but as far as I can tell the hardware is functioning fine, it's the OS that's going and WindowsMail after that compression.

I did a System Recovery on an old XP years ago and it was like new - until it died a few years later of old age. Actually I don't remember what did it in. One day it just wouldn't start so I replaced it with a Vista desktop. When I tried a System Recovery on the Vista-Sp2, it never worked again. Even the tech couldn't get it to work..... I only got 18 months out of that one.

I use MozillaFireFox and can't locate the Bookmarks to save.

Last edited by WildCard; March 11th, 2015 at 11:36 AM.