View Single Post
Old August 11th, 2008, 03:41 AM

AURGH![/B] I've been typing out my reply, adding some more questions and giving you some additional details with respect to the events of the last 24 hours; I was idle for about 10-15 mins. and Windows shut down without any prompt! I lost all that I had typed.

Yes, I right clicked to paste. Right clicking on that - whatever it is; black window, brings up a completely different menu than the usual. Ctl V didn't work either. There is no Edit drop-down. Should I try those steps again?

Anyway, you said that you think that I don't have any viruses, but, what about that file in Avira's quarantine that I mentioned: C:\...\setup_110049_3_3.exe?
Programs are still freezing, I keep having to force shutdowns, and I'm unable to go into the second layer of some web pages. Like, I click on my shortcut for Craigslist. It loads the main page alright but if I click on any of the sub menus, I get an error page about 25% of the time.

I just turned on my desktop computer to check its status; as I mentioned in the first post, I'd just gotten it back from getting some work done on it, 4 hours later the antivirus program on it (AVG Free) popped an alarm that it had caught a virus (and it did it twice). The computer froze up. We rebooted it. Windows gave me the User Account page but I can't get any further. I get the picture that is my desktop but there are no shortcuts, no files, no Start Menu, no toolbars. I have an unresponsive hand holding up its index finger.
I CAD and chose New Task; browsed to Lavasofts folder and opened the program. Although I did get the opening page, I also got a window titled: userinit.exe Application Error. Message: The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). I had to click OK. I walked away.
Got any ideas??

Last edited by 08paras; August 11th, 2008 at 03:48 AM. Reason: added a comment