View Single Post
Old August 10th, 2008, 11:45 PM

Ok, I did the cmd.exe thing; I couldn't paste your string in that window, so I typed it, putting one space between the > and the word net. Hit Enter.

Same window refreshed and says: Blah, blah, blah... C:\Documents and Settings\The Flying Nun> net share Password Plus /delete

This shared resource does not exist.

More help available by typing NET HELPMSG 2310.

C:\Docs & Set...\The Fl...>(the cursor is here)
Is this what it should say?

I uninstalled Threat Fire earlier today (sorry that I didn't wait for your instruction; I assumed that it was a no-brainer) because after running a "complete system scan" from Avira's Administration, Scanner option, I looked at the Quarantine file and found the following: Uh! nevermind; Avira won't let me copy the quarantine list. But, there are 14 files in there, 10 of which are from Threat Fire's folder.
The other four are:
...\Desktop\setup_110049_3_.exe - this one appeared the most and initially, Avira wouldn't let me change the action selection from their "Deny access" to "Quarantine", so it popped-up as the subject of the alarm dozens of times and always twice at a time. This afternoon I grew fed-up and tried again to change the action button to quarantine and it put it in quarantine!
Also: C:...Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla Firefox\Profiles\f0w...\B3FF4FDFd01 (2X)
C:\System Volume Information\_restore(98F833F7 a whole bunch more no.s.exe

Now, my system tray is missing its icons except for Spyware Doc, 3 internet connection icons and a Wireless Device Switch (which by the way, shows up randomly, is this important?) Both the wireless and the plugged-in internet connection icons I get, but the one that is for "1394 connection", again shows up randomly - is this significant?
Avira's, WinPatrol's, & the volume icons are gone.

I'm getting called away, I'll be back in a few to clear something else up that I encountered. Thanks