View Single Post
Old August 24th, 2003, 07:15 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista
Sounds like this means the data you ultimately get is compromised: blurry pictures, lousy game play, etc. You get it faster because you literally get less. Compressed means edited, something is taken out, isn't that right?

(Image Optimization can cause that...it depends how much they optimize it...for example you probably wouldn't notice a change if the colors were slightly reduced slightly reducing the image size. I doubt that it would be good for gameplay and I don't know if any of the features would actually work with games.

This sounds suspiciously like loading you up with cookies, something that is happening anyway, and not necessarily desirable. You are going to pay someone to help a site feed you a cookie?

Not exactly cookies...I think you are using the wrong word. Chacheing pertains to saving certain parts of a webpage on your harddrive so you can veiw it quicker next time you visit it. You computer should already do some cacheing but I assume that the Netzero cacheing is improved.

Sounds like this just means it keeps switching you around to different access numbers. And if they are long distance, well, tough luck.

I don't know about that...I really have no clue...why don't you ask them.

So in my opinion it probably will not be the same as DSL in the end but I do suggest you try to find some opinions about it. I found this reveiw

Good Luck.