View Single Post
Old June 24th, 2011, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
No but moving this to the Network forum should get help there. I will notify the Network Forum MOD.
Thanks Murf
Quote:
Originally Posted by z1p View Post
The first thing is that a wireless connection will always be less reliable than a wired one, so if you can go wired, do it.
But,lets assume you can't ...
Hi Thanks z1p - I know this is hard, epsecially across a board, but thanks for trying. Yep, unfortunately this machine has to be wifi

Quote:
Wireless dropping off can be a tough one, so we'll start with some basics.

In the windows device manager find the wireless adapter and change its power management so that it will not be disabled to save power.
Power Save Mode is Disabled

While we're in here, I did see something called IBSS 54g(tm) Mode and theres a value for 54g Auto, 54g Performance, 54g LRS, and 802.11b only.

Im being told my connection has a potential transfer rate is 54 mbits a sec , and when i download ive even hit 7mbs - very fast - I think my ISP deal is for 5mbs, and thats what i get as a maximum with my laptops.

I did try switching to 802.11b only, but it still cut out...

Quote:
It will help to know the exact make and model of the router.
Its called a Huawei HG532 router, perhaps made especially for TalkTalk (ISP)
Are you using any cordless phones or blue tooth devices?[/QUOTE]
no
Quote:
How is the deskyop located in relation to the router?
its not exactly close, PC is upstairs, but its always been fine in the past - not a strong signal, but strong enough - 40% maybe.

Im in London and recently theres been a lot more interference from competing signals, but im on channel 1 and the band is busy around 6/7