Topic: Out of memory
View Single Post
Old February 17th, 2023, 04:04 PM

We really know nothing about this computer. Dell Optiplex 360 is almost like saying you have a Ford pickup truck. Not very descriptive. What is the complete model number? How much RAM is installed?

You say you have two computers and the other prints fine. So that tells us the printer most likely is okay. Is the other computer also a Dell Optiplex 360 and same model? Does it also have W10 installed?

I ask about W10 because according to Dell, the Dell Optiplex 360 does not support W10 (or W11). See: https://www.dell.com/support/home/en...ex-360/drivers

Did it ever print fine with W10?

Look in Task Manager > Performance > Memory. What is it showing for Memory consumption? In the left side panel, you should see CPU, Memory, Disk, etc. Under Memory, it should show something like (using mine as an example), 7.0/32.0GB (22%).

What that tells me is I have 32GB of physical memory installed and I currently am using (it rounds off) 7.0GB of that, or 22%. What does yours show?

And have you received an out of memory error when doing anything else? Or is it only when you try to print?

You say this happens when you try to print "anything". Instead of sending a print job, got to Control Panel > Devices and Printers. Find your printer then Right-click on that, then select Printer properties > Print Test Page.

What happened?

Also under Control Panel, when you Right-click on your printer, there is a Troubleshoot option. Does that find any errors?

One more thing, then I am out of ideas. You can try to reset the print spooler service.
1. Open an Elevated Command Prompt (as Administrator) (I usually use “Way 2”)
2. Enter the following one at a time (recommend cut and paste, at least for second command). Press the Enter key after each entry to execute command.
net stop spooler

DEL /F /S /Q %systemroot%\System32\spool\PRINTERS\*

net start spooler
3. Type exit to close command prompt window.
4. Cross fingers.
5. Try to print something.