View Single Post
Old February 7th, 2021, 02:24 AM

Minecraft Parental Security Question

Hello.

I emailed the company but got to reply back. I tried a Minecraft forum, nothing. So, I figured I ask here. I will just paste what I sent the company some weeks ago. If you know the answers, please provide. Thank you.

===============

None of your auto selections fit my question. So, if needed, please send to appropriate department.
SCENARIO - I have three kids who play together in the same home. They each have the Windows purchased version. However, I have one teen who is being monitored from talking to certain people outside the home (this is a major safety issue). I do not know exactly how your maps and worlds work, or how the chat system allows people to talk.

QUESTION - Can the teen talk to anyone in the world she wants at any time, or does she have to be game friends/connected first? Can they chat on the website without needing to be in the game itself? Do they have to be on maps? Are their parental controls to monitor?

REASON - I want the teen to enjoy playing with the siblings, but not get in touch with someone who is mentally toxic who may, or may not, even be on the game. I do not know.

CONCLUSION - Can she play safely with her brothers or she is just not able to play at all because of risk of chatting to certain folks?
This is very important for her safety and what we have all been through, but do not want to take away fun with her family.
Thank you for taking the time to read this.