View Single Post
Old June 30th, 2020, 07:23 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

O/S: MacOS
Quite honestly, I'm very aware of what's shared with who.. but I know I'm fairly unique in that concern.

The ONLY automation I like are motion activated lights. I WON'T do any "echo" or "siri" or "alexa" or whatever.. I simply don't like knowing there's a microphone that can record anything at any time. In fact, even my cell phone is often kept in another room where I can here it ring, but it can't hear conversations. Now I am ambulatory and don't need to rely on automation for anything. So that surely plays a role.

Am I crazy regarding this.. well.. I guess only time will tell. But I have had a couple instances that seemingly make it clear what I think is private is absolutely NOT private.

Privacy matters... at least to me.

Things like my location.. well that's public record the moment I bought my house.... my shopping habits. Yes they are tracked other than hand to hand cash purchases. But, that's all a far cry from a system capable of listening to every word spoken in it's presence and retaining it for use at a later date.