View Single Post
Old December 20th, 2012, 05:58 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Could be a registry entry doing this. Go to Start type in regedit, double click on the entry above.

Clicking on the + signs navigate to the following key:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\clsid\{42aedc87-2188-41fd-b9a3-0c966feabec1}]

Back it up first:

From the Registry Editor menu, choose File and then choose Export

In the Export Registry File window that appears, choose a location to save the file to.
Note: I recommend choosing the Desktop or the Documents library. Both are very easy to access if you run into problems later and need to use the file.
  1. Locate the File name: text field and enter a name for the backup file.
    Note: This name is for you to remember what the exported registry file is for. This name has no effect on anything and doesn't have to be named something technical. If you're backing up a registry subkey named BCD00000000, feel free to call it My Windows 7 Reg Backup or whatever makes sense to you.
  2. Click the Save button.
    A Registration File with an REG file extension will be created in the location you chose in Step 6 and with the file name you chose in Step 7. Continuing the example from the last step, the file would be named My Windows 7 Reg Backup.reg.
Now go back and delete that entry and close regedit. Re-arrange the icons the way you want and reboot. Did that do it?