View Single Post
Old February 1st, 2005, 05:26 PM

O/S: Windows 8
did some quick google group searches. The diamond seems to be a very old card, posts from 95/96. And between the two, I'd seen no forums with problems between the two.

Assuming your installation is proper and the computer is the same when you're talking about 98 and 2000,(as old motherboards can sometimes be a problem), and that the card works great on a 2000 OS and you're having problems with 98... you might have found something incompatible

I ran a 128mb nvidia 5200 on a compaq 98 and it struggled pretty hard, good graphics, but...

I think I've found there's a very small school of knowledge out there when it comes to putting new products and old ones together. With so many products the experience is different from user to user.

Personally, if there's no other place for that card than the 98, then I would politely write the company and challenge their compatibility claims. I once had some 512mb sdRAM cards and one of them was bunk. After a wild chase with a local store we realized that it bench tested fine but would cause any machine to randomly crash and reboot. It took two letters but they took it back, and once returned eventually sent me a check.

or I'd save it for a newer OS...

But I'd still be pounding Leadtek's support lines and email for help.
Sorry I can't help