View Single Post
Old December 7th, 2005, 06:00 AM

I have a problem with my computer that was put together by a friend. For some reason after the last time the computer was turned off it will not turn on again. The monitor and CPU turn on but the monitor is not recognizing the connection it only says "check connection or signal" , and I've plugged and unplugged everything several times and still nothing. Ive noticed that the beeps that I normally hear when turning it on aren't there or atleast it doesnt seem to be as many. Also under the green light where the power button is on the comp there is now a red light that stays lit while the computer is on which I am not sure but I dont think stayed on before. I have tried connecting it to a different monitor and using different cables but still nothing. I am desperate for help. I dont know much about alot of the hardware details only really know how to hook the computer up and use the software but I'm trying to fix this on my own if it sounds at all possible so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.