View Single Post
Old September 4th, 2006, 12:43 AM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

Howdy OCn00bie,

No real outright signs of active infection showing, though some items in the HijackThis log are often seen along with infection. The BitDefender scan reflects some infection associated with P2P infection bundled software. Do you have some P2P programs running there? Also I am not certain what you are trying to do - install Norton from a disc?

Before we say this is not infection issues let's do an additional few checks. Not sure with a touch and go internet what scan you might be able to use, but if Bitdefender was successful I'll assume you can run another one as well.

Close Internet Explorer and all open windows and run a scan in HijackThis. Place a check next to all of the following lines, then select “Fix Checked” and close HijackThis.

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {F2B441CC-E026-47fb-BDC3-A07750FA3D2C} - file://C:\Program Files\EbatesMoeMoneyMaker4\ebatessmmm\ebatestmmm\e bmmC0.htm (file missing) (HKCU)
O16 - DPF: {1D4DB7D2-6EC9-47A3-BD87-1E41684E07BB} - http://ak.imgfarm.com/images/nocache...up1.0.0.15.cab

Go Here and download ATF cleaner. Click on the downloaded file to run it, and select "Select All", then click Empty Selected (and close ATF).

If you have them, also click on Firefox/Opera at the top and repeat the steps (and close ATF). Firefox/Opera will need to be closed first for the cleaning to be effective.

Go here and run the Kaspersky online scan, and post back the log it creates (it requires IE).

To use the scan, once the download has completed click Scan Settings, then make sure the "extended option" is checked (leave all others as they are) and click OK. Then click My Computer to begin the scan.

Also Go Here and download Silent Runners to your desktop. Run it, and post back here the log it creates. If your AV queries the script, allow it to run. It's not malicious. It will create a file named Startup Programs, and will notify when the scan is complete. Copy the log from the Startup Programs file back here. You can use separate posts if needed.