View Single Post
Old October 18th, 2014, 04:08 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned Seagoon View Post
I don't know, however experience tells me that a one post member who is pushing a particular product is probably a spammer or has some undeclared vested interest in that product.
That's just it, you don't know but you're quick enough to let folks know what you think! The guy wasn't "pushing" anything, just simply posting saying that the program hadn't caused any problems for him.

Quote:
The fact that there are several versions of this product is also a concern, a free very cut down version that requires registration with an e-mail address and two more comprehensive versions that have to be paid for is even a greater concern.

(scenario 1 - lots of spam urging purchase of paid version)

(scenario 2 - free version breaks registry- paid version repairs it)
There are VERY few programs these days, that don't come with a free version as well as a paid version. The fact is that as far as this forum is concerned, there are very few posts from folks who have had trouble after using one of these programs, certainly no more than problems any other type of program causes

Quote:
If the new poster were to come back and post something more substantial than the statement like "I have been using this for years" as a recommendation, perhaps the post would have a little credibility.

However, on the face of it, I would be prepared to wage my left knacker that this poster is one of those SEOE from the Philippines or India who just makes pointless posts containing the name of a product, so that search engine crawlers will pick it up and elevate the ranking of the products search results.

Come on back new member, prove me wrong!!
We may never know who this guy is/was or where he comes from, because there's a very good possibility that he's been scared away by your post! Who's to say he hasn't ANY computer knowledge that could very easily have been very useful to this forum? What if he already posts at other forums giving tons of help to folks in need, and has just found CTH? But now because of what has been posted aimed at him, he won't be back.

I feel sorry for anyone who has joined this forum AFTER you joined. Because if we go by what you're saying above, they are most likely from the Philippines or India making pointless posts!