View Single Post
Old January 22nd, 2005, 08:04 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 10 Home
I've got loads of favourites but I'll just mention a few!

Tab Browser Preferences. This extension adds GUI options to change some of the hidden tab browser preferences available in Firefox. It additonally provides the following features:

- open URLs in the URL bar and searches from the search bar in new tabs
- open the homepage in every newly created tab
- select tabs by moving the mouse onto them, instead of clicking on them
- moving the tabbar to the bottom of the browser window
- opening URLs from the Extension/Theme Manager and the Help window in new tabs
- opening the throbber URL in a new tab
- controlling the focusing/unfocusing of various tab-creating commands, such as File->New Tab

Tab Mix is a new one which can offer quite a lot of tab functions which the bulky Tab Browser Extensions usually cover.

Ad Block. Does what it says on the tin!!

If you like RSS feeds there are a few good extensions like Habari Xenu, Sage, Wizz Rss or if you like a ticker tape style, InfoRSS.

Bookmark Backup. A Must.

MozBackup. Whilst not a Firefox extension it's a must have for me. When you download this, you can back up your profiles in Firefox, Thunderbird and the Mozilla Suite.

Bookmarks Menu Button is another relatively new extension which enables you to access your bookmarks by adding a button on a toolbar instead of via the bookmarks toolbar or sidebar.

Session Saver will save and restore tab sessions including crashes or you can just use the lite version of Crash Recovery.

Menu Editor allows you to hide and/or arrange items in the Tools drop down menu and the right click context menu.

Autofill saves you form filling the same old stuff over and over.

The Reload Every extension allows you to reload your tabs at set intervals from seconds to minutes.

That'll do for now, I'm sure this will be a busy thread!

Cheers

Last edited by keith.evans; January 23rd, 2005 at 07:03 AM.