View Single Post
Old October 19th, 2014, 05:09 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Quote:
Originally Posted by lufbra View Post
Where's your "known facts" regarding to AshleyP being a novice?
Has he refuted it?

Only too happy to apologise if I've got it wrong, just like I did when I assumed he was from India or the Philippines.

The known facts are that first time posters who come along and state that a paid for application is great and that they have been using it for years, are generally spammers and usually work as SEOE.

Again if AshleyP is not let him state that and I'll be the first to back down and apologise.

We obviously have a different view on what constitutes a spammer, the days of Spammers just promoting medicinals and sports shoes etc. have changed, now it is more subtle with spammers seeking to promote their clients search engine results, and in the process sometimes mislead innocent forum members.

The signature spammer of old has been defeated, with signatures not being displayed to those who are not signed in.

Murf's words, under the heading Windows Registry Cleaners -Are they Safe that started this thread are wise and not refuted by anyone except for this new poster. Others say it can trash or bork a system, that it is unlikely to do any good but more likely to do harm, or that it is better to just not use such products.

Why on earth do you wish to back this new chap whose post may encourage others to take the opposite view? The thread started with the advice that it is unwise to use such products, perhaps those of us who have been around for a while should support that, or if the advice is clearly incorrect, seek to have it removed.

My opinion is that it is good advice.

On the other hand if you just wish to rubbish me, that's OK, you are not alone, probably a club out there for people with such views. I can see them now, standing around throwing darts at a board containing a picture of my face.

Last edited by Ned Seagoon; October 19th, 2014 at 05:17 PM.