View Single Post
Old January 16th, 2021, 02:20 AM

Hi Olgun52

Just want to give you an update.. Ugh.. been a bad couple of days.. Needed to print a pdf file off the pc yesterday and couldnt get it to print from safe mode or the usb port on printer. Got another pc to hook up to printer and inadvertanty shut off the powerstrip. Restarted and f8 to get to safe mode and got distracted and missed to select option in time and pc ran checkdisk and booted to full windows.. which couldn't do before but..

Windows ran ok except windows explorer messages advising it stopped working and restart when changing programs in taskbar and sometimes randomly. Printed file and did some backup and today rebooted back to safe mode to finish back up and follow your instructions but windows explorer wouldnt start and got a blank screen with "safe mode" displayed in corners of screen and no taskbar but task manager would work.

Rebooted again but pc got stuck booting into safe mode at screen where it shows files that its loading. Waited like half hr and did hard reset and f8 and let it run checkdisk again and booted it to safe mode but windows explorer was stopping and starting almost constantly making pc unusable.

Couldnt shut down properly so had to do hard reset again and let it load to full windows and didnt get windows explorer messages anymore but programs didnt function properly.. they may open and load but become unresponsive if open at all. Windows itself looked normal but didnt respond when trying to do windows stuff.. basically it didn't work but was able to eventually shut it down properly.

I'm sorry that I made things worse by trying to back stuff up before doing your steps.. thought it was prudent given the message to do so in tweaking windows repair.. half of the pc was backed up good, the other half was a mess.. should have just done the steps.

On plus side have three dell windows 7 system recovery disks as well as a windows 7 repair disk that I made when got pc.. maybe those can help..

Hans

PS Did the reboot thing to install tweaking windows repair without error before you posted message #8