View Single Post
Old May 17th, 2007, 09:41 PM

Locked out of files...again!

So heres the story,
while doing this...
RESOLVED: Can't Delete Folders/When Opening Win explorer Crashes!
I wanted to test the stability of my drive so I cut my music folder, (168G) and pasted it within the same drive, one level up. Now the issue I had previous to this didn't do any real harm to the file so I figured it couldn't hurt to try this 'caus its an easy fix right?
Well, I see that I enter the folder so I think nothing of it and attempt to reboot regular. From safe mode it says that I "cannot disturb the operation while windows is handling a file", paraphrasing at best. I wait to try again and no problem. Once back in Windows, I double check that folder and there is only one folder in it...a fraction of the collection.
So I system restore and there they are, all back in place, yay! I go through yesterday's procedure and refix my original issue and call it a night. What a fulfilling day. my machine is running great and its time to relax...
So I wake this morning go through my afternoon and fell like listening to some music but winamp can't access the files, any of them. It references them one to the next but none play...Microsoft player says: ..."cannot access the file. It may be in use, you might not have access to the computer where the file is stored, or your proxy settings might not be correct.
Ok...so I just dealt with the similar issue where I had to restore file permissions but this isn't as easy as just going into safe mode to unlock them. Why did this happen and what do I do?