View Single Post
Old September 15th, 2006, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheldondsouza View Post
You will have a local are connection, right click on it and go status and then to properties and select Tcp/ip and then properties. See that if both first options are set to autmoatic. IF only your company uses a DHCP server. If not then the configurations must be set up manually.

In both cases, since you can remote desktop that means your on the network. Now i told you abt setting both options to automatic. The second option are dns servers see if it has been changed or not. Also make sure abt the gateway. If you use DHCP then it probably not set properly ( IT guys came in to rebuild the server last week)on the server. If your connections manual you go to contact the IT guy at your place for the configurations
oh yay, that is too easy! It does use a DHCP server and I just copied the config from the other computer in the office and it works perfectly! Thanks, you made that soooo simple.

PS> I had this problem like aaaaages ago and rang the IT guy and he was like saying it was my firewall and stuff.. ahhaa.. idiotsss..