View Single Post
Old March 27th, 2002, 02:43 AM

hi spider.

it worked out.

this is what i did. i kept the hub onto computer1 and the computer2 plugged into the hub (into which computer1 would also hook=.

the problem was all about IP configuration and DNS resolutions.

the tech who had originally designed the network had subnetted the C class network with 255.0.0.0 subnet mask. so that is what is changed to 255.255.255.0. then there was also the thing about the DNS server priority. i changed it around to go to the right DNS servers. it took a while because i was not familiar with the IP addresses of the network and how they were connecting to the domain. however, once that was figured out, it was pretty simple. further there was the thing that the server on the network was being shutdown and every time the guys used to boot the clients, the server would not be up all the way with services running and proper user account authentication being done.

now things are cool and i have explained things to the users of the network.

however, i intend to give it two more days before i can smile.

take care and thanks for your input man. its been a pleasure to be interacting with you again.

for you information, i now provide tech support to toshiba laptops. if you have a question for me on one of them, do mail me. i refer a lot of my clients to this website for information when they want support out of scope of warranty (i cannot answer even when i know the answers) :-)

unitl later then!!!!!