View Single Post
Old May 4th, 2020, 04:34 AM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

O/S: MacOS
I'm self-employed, work from home, and am single, living alone. Essentially, I've been self-quarantined for over a decade. All this just means less dates.

I'm in a relatively small town ~30k people. And in my county (area) a total of 20 people have been diagnosed (up 4 from last week) and 11 have recovered. So.. in general, there's more panic than necessary.

But I understand concerns for the elderly or those with health conditions. I have almost zero concern about getting anything myself, but I always err on the safe side for others when I do have to go out and be among others (grocery shopping, etc).

Talking to some people, they are under the impression hundreds are infected and dying in this area. That's just not the case. In America I'm always amazed at how the bureaucracy and media seem to think the ENTIRE country is the same as New York. New York is really being hit dramatically hard... and in general... all you hear is relative to THAT area and not consistent with many other areas in the country. I don't mean to make light of anything.. I just heard today that apparently COVID has now killed more Americans (+65,000) than the Viet Nam war did.

My growing concern is about herd immunity if everyone is always locked down. Without herd immunity this could go on for quite some time.

Here's hoping you all stay safe and healthy!!!

It's not an "asteroid" yet.. but.. we'll see...