View Single Post
Old September 24th, 2005, 01:24 AM

Stuck in booting cycle....

Hi.... My Compax Presario laptop wouldn't come out off the booting cycle. This is my work computer. ....And I really, really need help!!!

The computer has win 98, connected to the Internet with dial-up. It worked fine during the day until the last thing I did, which was clicking a reply button to one email, which has a very large attachment (over 2MB), and that was it..... It froze. .....I pressed Ctrl + alt + del a few times to finally get it to restart.......When it reboot, it wouldn't come out off the booting cycle. ..

It goes like this......

Starts with a blank screen with a red flashing Compaq sign, it changes to the scanning drives page .....because it was not properly shut down.....when it finishes, it changes to the Windows sign page...looks like it's okay.......but quickly changes to the blue error page....

The page saying something like ....system is busy or error or press ctrl, alt, del again to restart....it doesn't matter what I do it will reboot and go to the options page, it has a default at "safe mode".....at this point, either I choose "normal" or "safe" mode...it will reboot and start this cycle again.

Any ideas guys? I'm so desperate because I have everything on this computer...sigh...sigh...

Sincerely,germsphobe