Topic: Which Linux
View Single Post
Old June 18th, 2020, 09:20 PM

O/S: Linux
Quote:
Originally Posted by renegade600 View Post
linux mint and many others has a windows like interface. it has a start button, it has a file manager, it has a task bar and more. nothing hard about it. in addition, not sure what you mean by making it easier to install software when all you have to do is to go to the software manager, click on what you need and install. easier than windows because you do not get all the major software packages in one spot unless you use ninite. in some cases you may need to go to the website, download, then right click to iinstall. nothing hard about it, no need to do any coding. anyone with any common sense should be able to adapt with no problems. I would suggest running it from a live disk or usb drive first to make sure it is what you want.
I sys op 10 Mint machines at my local community centre. They had badly corrupted Windows 7 on them so I installed Mint. The only problem I encountered was an older user wanted to know where the internet icon had gone. I simply renamed the Firefox icon INTERNET problem solved. I now have a robust system that defies the young "hackers" the opportunity to crash.
I am convinced that once used to it you will like.