View Single Post
Old January 16th, 2021, 12:55 PM
Malware Removal Team

O/S: Windows 10 Pro
Hi Hans,

Quote:
On plus side have three dell windows 7 system recovery disks as well as a windows 7 repair disk that I made when got pc.. maybe those can help.

should i finish backing up first (may take a bit to sort through the remaining mess) or do you want me to skip that and do the steps outlined starting with first part of message #8 even though got the tweaking windows repair to startup properly?

After that, it would be more appropriate to do as follows.
We can repair it with your dell windows 7 system recovery discs.

Let's do it like this;

Windows 7 System Repair Disc Run:

You can now boot from this disc to access System Recovery Options, the set of system recovery tools available for the Windows 7 operating system.

As with a Windows 7 installation disc, you'll need to watch for a for a Press any key to boot from CD or DVD message on screen, right after your computer turns on or restarts with the System Repair Disc inserted.
---------------------
How to Boot From a CD, DVD

1- Change the boot order in BIOS so the CD, DVD, or BD drive is listed first. Some computers are already configured this way but many are not.

If the optical drive is not first in the boot order, your PC will start "normally" (i.e., it'll boot from your hard drive) without even looking at what might be in your disc drive.
Please set it to start from dell windows 7 system recovery disc.

After setting your optical drive as the first boot device in BIOS, your computer will check that drive for a bootable disc each time your computer starts. Leaving your PC configured this way shouldn't cause problems unless you plan on leaving a disc in the drive all the time.
2-Have all your programs closed.Insert the CD, DVD, or BD into your disc drive.
3-Restart your computer—either properly from within Windows or via your reset or power button if you're still in the BIOS menu.
4-Watch for a Press any key to boot from CD or DVD... message.

When booting from a Windows setup disc, and occasionally other bootable discs as well, you may be prompted with a message to press a key to boot from the disc. For the disc boot to be successful, you'll need to do this during the few seconds that the message is on the screen.

If you do nothing, your computer will check for boot information on the next boot device in the list in BIOS , which will probably be your hard drive.

Most bootable discs don't prompt for a keypress and will start immediately.
5-Your computer should now boot from the CD, DVD, or BD disc and the software stored on it will begin.

6-Now watch the process carefully. Make a repair. If everything goes well after restarting the system, send clear Farbar logs.

Have a nice weekend.