View Single Post
Old February 3rd, 2011, 07:52 AM

In my experience, Vista drivers have worked just fine with Windows 7. For example when I first upgraded to Windows 7, the audio didn't work at all. But by installing the Vista drivers for the integrated audio off the ASUS site. The sound has worked great.

I really doubt having an outdated motherboard and drivers has anything to do with my current problem. So today I've purchased a SATA HDD enclosure case(I realized I said I had an IDE hard drive earlier, I was incorrect)in the hopes of retrieving some or all of my data off the hard drives. So far it hasn't went too well. When I attempt to access one of the drives it wants to format it and states 'The file or directory is corrupted'. The computer will pick up the 2nd hard drive but acts as if it's not there. By that I mean I can't open or explore the hard drive, but it's listed in the device manager and other places.

I've now resorted to using data recovery software which I've heard can do more harm than good. Can't think of any thing else to try :/