View Single Post
Old December 10th, 2004, 08:58 PM

O/S: MacOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink
I went to that Nocturne site and listened. Sounded kind of like the music from one of the old Descent series games. Wasn't bad but not relaxing at all.
Nocturne has some music that might almost be relaxing except at some point you know the heavily processed guitars and/or synth lines are going to destroy that moment of near relaxation anyway, so there's no point in getting too settled. But that's exactly why I like it, it gets me going. Not quite like the Dead Kennedys which I listen to when I want to stomp someone's face or whatnot.

I usually listen to some form of ambient or more mellow trip-hop when I really want to just lay back and relax, if I listen to anything at all. Silence is the best means to relax for me. Total and utter silence. But I don't get that very often around my house so ambient/trip-hop usually does it for me.

Right now I'm feeling a little more.... bored of my mind. To assuage that boredome I'm trying to lose myself in the world of the Les Claypool Frog Brigade. It's not working out real well.