Topic: World Feud
View Single Post
Old August 23rd, 2021, 06:35 PM

World Feud

This is a two part irk. Please bear with.

We watch Family Feud. Not for the intellectual value, I'll be candid.

It wasn't long before I figured out it was possible to win even if your family is stupid or can't speak English. Here's how: Family Right wins at the podium with a high value response, and then passes. Family Left stands mute and is eventually buzzed out. Family Right fails to steal. Family Left gets the points.

This repeats for each question and if somehow the points add up to 300 after the fourth question, Family Left wins even without a correct response. If Family Left wins 5x in a row, they drive off with a Ford Fusion or other car.

Maybe this was intentional but I doubt it. Maybe the questions are set in advance such that no family could get 300 points without a correct answer along the way and this really isn't an issue. That seems possible but is hard to confirm because they may switch questions to prevent this while the game is in progress which seems kind of dirty. I don't know.

Now the part that really irks me. I sent this information to the producers and suggested that it is a problem and maybe they want to think about some kind of fix, like limiting the value of top answers in the triple so you can't win without any correct answer for the whole episode.

And I got no response.

Maybe the folks are busy or on break during the pandemic and nobody was picking up messages, or maybe it is a non-issue as I said, but it seems to me more like the issue is what is going on in the rest of the world: Gullible morons who don't accept advice from smart people because they figure Einstein has nothing on them, ie, I don't need your f'ing vax! Or your f'ing insurance! or your seat belts! And I'll smoke like a chimney in your face because tobacco doesn't really cause cancer, it is all a hoax by the Chinese!

Because I'm soooo much smarter than any f'ing liberal braniac!

My point is that school is dumbed down so much we no longer have people who think there's anything to learn.

What do all you think?