View Single Post
Old August 19th, 2008, 01:43 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
Quote:
However, I have a reoccurring problem with the cursor jumping during typing to a specific spot. Is this something that I should seek help for in the Windows forum? or software?? I also need some advice on reducing the number of running processes on my pc. I have a lot of programs that duplicate functions and would like to pare them down to the minimum necessary. Again, would that be a task for your software forum or Windows??
Post in the XP Forum.

Quote:
I didn't understand that logs weren't 100% representative of a hard drive's health; rootkit problems or overwritten Windows files are new concepts to me. I am going to boot the desktop pc in safe mode and note my findings; I'll get back to you with the results.
Ok. What logs do show me is that Windows still thinks you have Norton Internet Security 2006 and Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition installed. See below:

Quote:
FW: Online Armor Firewall v2.1.0.31 (Tall Emu)
FW: Norton Internet Security 2006 v2006 (Symantec Corporation)
AV: Norton Internet Security 2006 v2006 (Symantec Corporation)
AV: Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition v8.0.1.26 (Avira GmbH)
AV: Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition v10.0.1.1000 (Symantec Corporation) Disabled
And there is an entry in Add/Remove Programs for Symantec AntiVirus but I cant see this software in your logs. What's the story here?