View Single Post
Old August 10th, 2008, 10:41 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
Hi 08paras. I have some good news and bad news for you. The good news is that there is no sign of infection in your logs. The bad news is that Avira Antivir is causing the majority of your problems. The .vbt files are Threatfire virus signature files and the detection is what is known as a false/positive (a mistake). See here. Either Avira Antivir or Threatfire should be uninstalled.

It is not uncommon for this type of issue to occur when more than one antivirus program is installed. Regarding the slowdown, I would lay money on Spyware Doctor being the cause of this. I have seen this software bring older machines to a grinding halt. Uninstall it, reboot and let me know if your computer now flies.

You also have an orphaned share that should be fixed. See below:

Quote:
The server service was unable to recreate the share Passwords Plus because the directory C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Passwords Plus no longer exists. Please run "net share Passwords Plus /delete" to delete the share, or recreate the directory C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Passwords Plus.
To fix this, go to Start > Run and type:

cmd.exe

and ok. Copy and paste the below string after the prompt > and hit Enter.

net share Passwords Plus /delete

Type Y if asked for confirmation and close the command prompt.

Reboot one final time and tell me how your computer is running now.