View Single Post
Old January 29th, 2008, 10:06 PM

update:

Still trying, on another site, someone suggested using a HDD software analyser on the harddisk, it had found errors that WinXP didn't find and after it fixed them; everything was OK. Me and my Hitachi Deskstar HDD> not so good.
Someone also mentioned that their same problem was caused by a driver not signing out and system was shut down causing a missing flag. That could possibly be my problem, I noticed my ISP sign in screen seemed to hang and I tried to exit the program which didn't respond to anything and I restarted windows when this whole thing happened. I'm going to try a windows repair but I don't expect much. I am probably going to end up reinstalling XP. I did notice that the Driver_IRQL_not_Less_or_equal error message seemed to be about Win2K more than XP

This person who reinstalled windows found that after a reboot, he still ended up with the same problem, that worrries me.
The thing is, I haven't added any new software for sometime, and that is what is suggested in the error message, so all there could be to that is an update