View Single Post
Old July 17th, 2005, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintan
Howdy chukeej,
Some of what you describe could be malware related, including the Task Manager problem. For the moment, hold off on loading ZoneAlarm or any other firewall programs - it would complicate the situation. Go Here and follow the instructions for downloading and running some CTH Cyber Safety recommended programs to clean up infected systems. If you continue to have problems follow the HijackThis instructions at that same CTH site. Please post back here if you feel you have resolved any infection issues but are still having program operations problems.
Thanks, Jintan. I am sort of doubtful if I can d/load and run Ad-AwareSE and HijackThis on the IBM Thinkpad...bcuz I'm pretty sure from the list (which is what I think I had copied from Task Manager), that it contains some virus/trojans and some weird stuff. So b4 I go ahead and try to d/load AA-SE and HJT I just want to doublecheck with you again to see if in your opinion I should be able to d/load and run these programs and clear up my pc of any virus/trojans? I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best after I hear back from you. Cheers!