View Single Post
Old December 16th, 2004, 11:20 PM

O/S: MacOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by renegade600
the question is, is your dreams your reality or your reality your dreams. Which is true reality? So until I know fer sure which reality is real and which is dreams, I cannot tell you my worse dream.
That's right on par with "did god create man or did man create god".

Both make for interesting discussion.

It has been theorized that when we dream our essence (or spiritual being) actually leaves our body to transcend time and space where we would then exist in a dimension or alternate reality outside of our physically limited "reality". It's a known fact that the three dimensional world that we call reality is actually a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of "true reality".

We know (or should I say -- scientists theorize that) there are other dimensions, but physically "we cannot touch, taste, see, or feel" (this line was actually used in the Incubus song "Rough Skin" or something like that and is a recording of spoken word from a book that attempted to disprove human perceptions of reality -- I'd be hard pressed to recall the name of the book much less provide a source -- sorry.) the other dimensions that we may or may not exist in. I don't know that I'd necessarily call this proof, but many point to the fact that as we fall sleep, our bodies react by sending out impulses through the nervous system as a jump start because it thinks the body is dying. This is why most people have slight twitches as the drift off to sleep.

Well, I wish I had more time to continue with this line of thought, but it's quitting time and I need to get out of here.