View Single Post
Old October 11th, 2009, 07:49 AM

O/S: Windows 10 Pro
From the Hide MY IP website:
Does Hide My IP affect the speed of my Internet connection?

In some cases, yes. Most of our IPs are located all over the world, causing your Internet traffic to bounce great distances before reaching your computer. If you are using a fake IP located outside the country you live in, your browsing may be slower. If you live in the United States and would like the fastest browsing, check the box "Require US-Based IP". If you require more IPs from all over the world, check the box Allow Open Network IP Addresses. This setting gets IPs from all over the world, but may slow your browser and may make sites like Google.com come up in a foreign language. Our Premium High-Speed Service allows you to surf on incredibly fast IPs located in the US, Canada, United Kingdom, Germany, and Hong Kong for an extra monthly fee.

So it looks like the gotcha is that you pay $30 for it initially and when you start using it your internet connection is lagging so you wind up signing up for Premium service for another $7 per month or you eat the $30 you spent, and quit using it.