View Single Post
Old June 28th, 2020, 11:16 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
Now I'm talking to my microwave

An Amazon Echo Microwave was delivered yesterday. I got it hoping to gain some counter space in my small apartment. Would you believe it set itself up? I plugged it in, moved the empty box to another room so I won't trip over it, and when I got back, it said it was ready to go. Even signed on to my wifi and updated the alexa app. One feature I really like is the clock. It syncs via wifi so it will always have the correct time. Something I never had because every time I set the clock on my old, within a few hours something happens so I quit trying.

Now I wonder if the air fryer is as bad as the reviews say. Really not too concern with that feature though I may give fries a try tonight. One thing though, that thing is big. It is almost as big as the Kenmore microwave I bought in 1982 but not near as heavy. Already cooked a couple of dishes in it via voice and it was great. The only thing I will have to remember is it is not just a microwave and not try to remove food with my bare hands after baking. Almost did it last night.

from amazon

Quote:
Meet Amazon Smart Oven - A 4-in-1 microwave, convection oven, food warmer, and air fryer. Air fry feature may require more cooking time than standalone air fryers.
Certified for Humans - Struggle-free, tinker-free, stress-free. No patience needed—it's actually simple.
Preset it and forget it - Includes 30+ built-in presets, voice control with Alexa through a compatible Echo device like the included Echo Dot.
Dinner is ready - With Announcements, Alexa will notify you when the oven is preheated or when your food is done.
Check the temperature - The temperature probe helps you know when your food is cooked just the way you like it.
Scan-to-cook - Scan select packaged foods with the Alexa app and Amazon Smart Oven will cook them automatically.
Spacious interior - Large enough to cook a 5-pound chicken.
External Dimensions: 21.73 x 21.38 x 12.83 in.

Last edited by renegade600; June 28th, 2020 at 11:20 PM.