View Single Post
Old October 4th, 2022, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MishY
Hey,

I was thinking today as my PC chugged away what a crap PC I have lol I was wondering who has the worst pc here. My PCs specs are :

AMD K6II 450
Thats what I have Now Mishy and it seems ok.... Its says 500 on top of the CPU thing so I would say it goes between 450 and 500.. I dont like to overclock because it can really hurt stuff.....

I have ESSOLO for my audio device (I guess it could be considered SOUNDBLASTER)

I have a wired mouse/keyboard (I do not like wireless stuff)

I have 64Megs of ram but 8 are reserved for the monitor I have a little over 56 (But isnt the swap file used as virtual ram??)

What I dont like is how this poor thing was treated when we got it!

A computer repair shop had it in 2001 and they abused it basically.......

They had it set for dual monitors so when I got it,I had a hell of a time changing it to single.... (It kept changing back) I finally got it.......

They had this is one of the .bat files that used to run when you were on

"On err Pause" -- That means IF ANYTHING HAPPENS just stop...... Very confusing...... I didnt know why it stopped all of a sudden!!

I took that line out and I think I deleted the whole file........

Im not complainig though because I got her fixed up alot and she runs better than she did when they had her....... My dad brought our good 98se in for repair (Sometime in 2000/1 if I remember right) and I dont think it really needed it and we lost it as a result.. (The problem wasnt a virus... Someone forged my dads email address and sent out a bad email to a relative,it had nothing to do with OUR computer but sadly my dad didnt understand that)

I think they lied when they told us our computer caught fire on the table!! (They said the power supply started up) -- I think they just wanted to get rid of this one and keep our good one!

Im glad I got it working as good as she is........ Win98se is my favourite OS and always has been since I started with Windows.. (They could have given us 1 with XP so Im am grateful)

Im curious Mishy,what do you have now mate??

Last edited by The Dude; October 4th, 2022 at 10:43 PM.