View Single Post
Old January 9th, 2006, 03:05 AM

it's me, it doesnt take my password (no its not caps issue) and wont resend me password, so heres my new acct)

I tried all of the above, the motherboard, does not have a standard monitor hook up, as in i would need the adaptor to hook to it, since monitor cable has pins...and back of mobo has pins...no connector hole (like on gfx card). Anyhow I tried without the 4pin power connector, no hdd's, no rom drives & nothing extra hooked up, I tried without ram and just hooked directly to video card, which it doesnt post to monitor and light flashes on front of monitor...i tried with one stick ram (which i cant try w/o gfx card tho since i dont have hook up) & gfx card in hooked up and it does the same exact thing as w/o the ram, but neither give me the long beep...space long beep space repetitious pattern now, just no post. I then tried hooking the 4 power connector to mother board and then it started giving the beeep patterns, but either way no post. Do you think i should pick up that adapter to hook monitor to back of mobo (rather than gfx card) and take out gfx card for now...see what that does, and if that works go through the rest of the process or such...and if so install win xp x64 and so on, then gfx drivers then put card in etc etc,....or what do you suggest I do now to go about this? I apologize for the delay in responding, had work all day and i just got in a few minutes ago, Thanks.

*UPDATE* I tried my personal gfx card (geforce fx 5700 ultra) on the motherboard also, pulled from my computer i'm using right now and is currently working with same results as the above gfx card (the ati radeon 9800 pro)

Last edited by DarkSider8436; January 9th, 2006 at 03:09 AM.