View Single Post
Old July 15th, 2020, 05:04 PM

Quote:
I've never been charged a renewal fee.
Wow! How did you manage that? I am not aware that Norton ever offered a lifetime subscription. There were "scam" offerings circulating a few years ago. But they were total scams - as buyers soon found out.

I just looked and this is all I can find. Monthly and annual rates only.

Are you sure you don't have automatic renewal set up and perhaps you just don't notice the withdrawal from your bank account?

FTR, I have never thought Norton products were bad or otherwise performed poorly. On the contrary, when it comes to protecting us from security threats, they are very good.

What turned me off about them (and McAfee too) was their marketing tactics, and prices. They often would bundle "trial" versions with new computers. Then, as the trial period was ending, they would toss up very scary and intimidating messages telling users how vulnerable they were about to become. For the less informed, these messages were very convincing that renewing was the only way to stay protected.

Also, for those who decided to go with another product, perhaps one of the many very capable "free" products, Norton and McAfee both made it nearly impossible to completely disable and remove those programs from their computers. Not good.

Then of course, the renewal prices are no cheap.

Quote:
My cell phone was stolen last year and Norton took me right to the persons house
That's great and I'm glad you got your phone back. But there are free apps for that. The Google app, Find My Device, comes free with all Android phones.